logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 16, 2018, 06:29:20 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Spammers, you're wasting your time. Our keen monitors erase and report you in minutes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Off Topic - Jabiru  (Read 2231 times)
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2009, 01:44:15 PM »

My neighbour is presently building a fiberglass (kit) Jabiru two seater in his garage at home.
http://www.jabiru.net.au/

Last weekend he asked me to help him and a few of his mates to install the tail to the fuselage.
The very explicit and comprehensive intructions which were supplied with the kit, suggested the task of installing the tail be undertaken with no less than four people.
The days of when I use to build fibreglass race boats really came in handy, as I was quickly relegated to the task of glassing, along with his Brother In-law who was a Panel Beater/Fibreglasser.

We commenced the installation at about 9.30, am on Sunday and we were finished just after 1.00pm.

After we had finished the installation we were having a snag and a beer and my neighbour jokingly said... me and his Brother inlaw will be doing the 1st Test Fight of the aircraft and if we come back OK, then he'll have a go!

It was quite funny at the time as neither of us have had next to no flying expereince. Cheesy

Below is a completed kit.

MERCMAN.

* J120.gif (26.6 KB, 350x138 - viewed 329 times.)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 02:46:20 PM by MERCMAN » Logged

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 05:31:11 PM »

Hey Guy if it seats three I guarantee to come with you ! Wink

Neil

Hard a' starboard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: