logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2018, 04:51:04 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: New Members, after 10 posts we allow you into the Special Members section, including  the "Todays News" topics"  And it's all FREE!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1982 Savage Sceptre re-build  (Read 7873 times)
Rob K

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2009, 05:07:36 PM »

Here is a picture of my 1982 Savage Sceptre after a bit of elbow grease and 2 years of fun.

Look at earlier pics of the bare boat before painting.

Still a little bit of work but it's been in the water and doesn't leak - even after a transom rebuild.[img

* 07032009_Small.jpg (74.53 KB, 640x480 - viewed 644 times.)
Chair
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 10:46:38 AM »

Great looking boat Rob.. 
Surfdude

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 03:37:16 PM »

I have one myself, in orignal orange and white coating, still going strong and new Evinrude Etec about to be fitted.

The restoration result on yours Rob , looks great, and now has me itching to follow suit.

Hard top was added to mine some years back.

But great work , great result mate.

Dennis
Chair
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 06:07:05 PM »

Hi Dennis
Did you note that, Rob K hasn't been very active this year on the board and this post is a few years old. You could send him a personal message
I still love this boat...
Chair
Surfdude

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 04:46:39 PM »

Hello Chair,

yes looks like he Rob hasnt been on for awhile indeed, but ah yes great work.

Fitted an Etec whihc is going great, some other little internal additions and tidy up.

Next mission is trailer blast and recoat project, add some extra rollers , replace others.
Then will tackle some more minor gelcoat repairs and look at overall paint job upgrade and change of colour.

Cheers.
Rob K

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 07:28:34 PM »

Hi Dennis and Chair,

Many thanks for the kind words.

Sorry for the late reply but sometimes life just gets in the way.

Good to hear about another Sceptre Dennis. I have only ever seen one other and like yours (as was mine) it was also Orange and white.

The only other thing I have yet to do is replace the floor. I might do that next winter.

If you ever need any assistance with doing an upgrade on yours by all means please let me know and I would be more than happy to help. I learn't how to do fibreglass work when I was a teen so I found it rather easy but a job of this size was a real challenge.
Just as a note, it has 7 coats if two pack epoxy.
Hope to hear from you.
Best

Rob K
Surfdude

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 04:34:49 PM »

Hello Rob,

yes great work you have done indeed and will take you up on some tips along the way , when i get to the point of full refurb.

I fitted Etec recently whihc bis going well, and just now , next week about to lift boat and reaplce all rollers and do some other minro trailer works.

Will also do some minor gelcoat repairs. Overall the boat if pretty good conditon, i like the set up overall and ride is just great no matter the seas condtions.

Yes very rare they are.

Chat soon i hope.

Cheers
Dennis
Surfdude

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 06:20:44 PM »

Hello Rob,

hope the boat is getting plenty of use and you still have it.

I have some pics of my old girl but file size to big to download on to this site, if you would like to see an original version just let me know,

cheers
D
Rob K

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 10:57:54 PM »

Hi Dennis,

Hope you are well.

Yes I still have my boat. My Wife says she'll bury me in it. Took it down to Gippy Lakes last year for a couple of weeks. Had a great time. Long drive from Wollongong though.

Have'nt been out since Christmas; combination of crap weather and the resurection of an old hobby (flying RC aircraft).

Well, she did say I needed something else to do seeing as the boat was finished and I rebuilt my Landcruiser as well.

Now she is complaining I'm always in the garage. Good God they are hard to please.

I'll post some pics of the boat on the water.

Love to see your vessel too.

Stay dry old man

Cheers

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: