logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2018, 08:30:26 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Welcome visitors. Click on the "Search" button above and type in a word that has your interest.
Spammers are Banned and reported

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vintage Hydroplane "Aggressor"  (Read 4720 times)
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2008, 02:58:54 PM »

Here is some footage of The Boards member "Bootlegger" (David) Hydroplane.
She has been extensively rebuilt by David after a major mishap many years ago when she was owned by the original owner.
Monday 10th of March 2008 was her first outing since Davids rebuild.

Congratulations Dave, on being able to keep a special part of racing history alive and well.
All your hard work, sweat, time and masses amounts of money have finally paid off.

We're glad our members Greg, Neil, and John were able to be there to witness the histoical event.
(Please let me know if I missed anyone)

Our thanks to Greg for the footage.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub0hwAPiidM

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
bootlegger
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 09:23:58 PM »

Thanks Mercman. I still cant believe it is running. Ive had this boat for 8years. She was the last thing I would think about before I went to sleep at night and the first thing when I woke. Now I think about her all the time. I guess it could be worse , drinking, smoking, gambling or chasing girls around. Scrub the girl thing Ill never give that up. Im a hopeless case  Grin
Wood Nut

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 09:00:29 PM »

Thanks Guy

It was a special day, that's for sure, and all credit to Dave for his determination in getting the boat to what and where it is today.

Dave, I reckon drinking, smoking and gambling would be cheaper, but definitely not girls. They're always expensive and probably more temperamental than a Merlin!

Greg
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: