logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2018, 06:06:33 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: New Members, after 10 posts we allow you into the Special Members section, including  the "Todays News" topics"  And it's all FREE!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 115hp Keikhaufer Mercury motor  (Read 1437 times)
butcher

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2007, 11:28:54 AM »

Hello,                                                                                                                         I have just bought a boat for the second time, I am a new boat owner the for the second time.  The first boat I bought was a little pride boat with an Evinrude 40hp donk.  I took it down to Patterson Lakes and it flew, I could not beleive how well it ran.  I thought I better get it serviced before I continue boating, so after a lot of ringing around I finally got someone to service it.  Most mechanics said that they would not touch a motor of its vintage (probably 30 years) that is too old.
          After having the motor serviced and being told they couldn't beleive how well it ran for its age, with confidence I went down to Warneet.  This time I could not start the motor (unlike the first time), it finally started.  I then proceeded to go out into the bay.  Everything was fine until I reached the 5 knot marker, where with a lot of white smoke it stopped.  My mate and I rowed against the tide (bloody difficult, Western Port flows big time) until another boatie saw my situation and towed me in. I sold the boat in the same condition that it was in at the 5 knot marker.
           Anyway, probably rambled on a bit about that too much, what I am requesting from anyone out there is, does anyone know of a Mechanic that will service old motors, the Mercury that I have now is older than the last one, it is 115hp Keikhaufer Mercury.
Chair
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 03:59:30 PM »

Hello Butcher

Did you get the posts re this topic on your Huntsman link? What's the latest?
David
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 05:05:08 PM »

I posted the following on the 3rd Dec at 3.20pm EDT. I feel it may have somehow become detached when The Chairman moved Butchers topic to a diffrent heading??

Hi Butcher,
Yep, we are all at work. Some of us are able to have a quick look at The Board from time to time, as I have just done now.
Where are you?  From what I've been able to piece together, I feel you are in Melbourne somewhere? I'm happy to service your motor for free, plus parts of course. However, I'm located in the Southern suburbs of Sydney.
Perhaps you may hear from one of our Board members down that way who is more than capable of looking after your 115hp Mercury motor built by Mr Fred KIEKHAEFER .

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: