logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2018, 07:02:31 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Hello visitors. We are a spam free friendly lot and welcome new members. Your Vintage Outboarding is our interest. Please join us.
Spammers are Banned and Reported.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Savage Javelin at Speed  (Read 3859 times)
Javelin
Board God

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2007, 05:10:07 PM »

Hi All

Finally got into the water today and took My Father-in-Law out for a run. Here is the YOUTUBE link.

Javelin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOUF7nVr2yk

Have Fun on the Water
Javelin
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 06:38:23 PM »

Hello Chris,
I caught a quick glimpse of your video a while ago. However, I've been tangled up with work and now I have time to respond.
Youtube is such a wonderful tool for us to use, to show other members things just like you took the trouble to post... THANK YOU!

I can't recall if your 50hp has trim and tilt or not?
If not, are you running your SJ on the second tilt pin position? I am hoping to get a "benchmark" after we have mounted Paul's 3 cyl 65hp to his SJ.

Are you able provide info' such as prop pitch, diameter, No of blades, Aluminium, S/S or Bronze. and RPM @ WOT, if known?
If pitch & dia are not ledgeable, Part No will do and I can work it out from there.

I know the 65hp has a different gear ratio to yours. Your input will give me a clue as to whether the prop that came with his motor will be OK for starters or potentially suitable for the long term as well.

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
Javelin
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 07:43:21 PM »

Hi Mercman

Glad you liked the movie, I want to get one from "in" the boat next. It was a bit hard to do that day.

OK, No i don't have PTT (Power Tilt and Trim) and i have it set in position 1. When i first bought the boat they had it in Position 2 but i felt that it was just a bit too trimmed out. Also worth a note i have the extension piece on the Transom so that may make a difference??

Prop Details are as follows

48 61818144 13p

I know the 13 Pitch bit but the rest is just numbers to me. Its an Aluminum 3 blade prop.

And sorry but i don't have RPM. Want to get it some time as i have no idea what range the motor goes in other than sound.

Hope this has helped.

Javelin

Have Fun on the Water
Javelin
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 08:52:09 AM »

Thanks Chris,
The information you have provided will enable us to be pretty much "on the money" as far as set-up goes, even before we launch Paul's SJ.
Yes, I did remember  your transom had been built up

I also recall your 13" drags you out on a single ski... I'll will now check the pitch of the prop that came with Paul's 65hp to see the direction we may need to take, if any change at all.

I'm looking forward to seeing your next movie. We will all be able live the moment - out on your boat - with you! Cool

Good work Chris.

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
Collector Inspector
Board God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 06:59:34 PM »

Savage Kestrel just on the plane.....................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZpkn5ktEEU

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: