logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2018, 06:40:53 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Hello visitors. We are a spam free friendly lot and welcome new members. Your Vintage Outboarding is our interest. Please join us.
Spammers are Banned and Reported.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It's been a long time  (Read 507 times)
AusF233
Board God

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2018, 10:09:33 AM »

Hi guys,

It's been a long time since I posted on here, so I thought I'd stop in say g'day and and let you know what's been going on.

Still collecting Vintage Australian Outboards albeit at a much slower pace than ever before. Space is a big issue. Most recent purchases include 1947 Verity, 1947 AMECO Seasprite, 1945/6 Commando and a SNIPE which appears to be quite rare.

The Verity and Seasprite are special as both have low denomination serial numbers and are great examples of our Australian Outboard Manufacturing history.

The Commando is Serial Number 81 of approx 100 produced for the Australian Military towards the end of WWII. They war ended before they were put in to service and hence they were sold off as surplus until approx 1949.

The SNIPE is one that's not been seen of heard of before by any other collector I am aware of. It does not appear in Hunn's The Old Outboard Book, but it does have the words The SNIPE, Made In Ballarat and a Phone number cast in to the Tilt assembly. The phone number will be used to identify the original manufacturer and manufacturing year range, which I expect to be around the mid 1950's.

Other than that, I've started a Website (work in progress) and a facebook group to build on what we know about Australian made Outboards and to make information gathered thus far more accessible to others who share in our passion. Both go by the same name eg

Website address is www.vintageoutboardsaustralia.blogspot.com and the Facebook Group is Vintage Outboards Australia.

Of course all of you are welcome to take a look, join if you wish and contribute any information that you may wish to share. As said, the website is still a work in progress. Many pages have been already populated, but there are equally as many that I've not got to yet. 

I'll post up some resto threads soon. In the meantime, here are a few pics of the above-mentioned Aussie outboards.

Regards,
Spiro

* 120-2.jpg (73.42 KB, 540x960 - viewed 51 times.)

* IMG_5492.JPG (2273.26 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 47 times.)

* IMG_5726_1.jpg (121.74 KB, 480x640 - viewed 45 times.)

* Snipe 2.jpg (161.45 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 42 times.)
senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 10:38:40 AM »

G'day Spiro
It has been a longtime .A longtime for all of us unfortunately and things are so quiet.
Therefore thanks for your post in keeping us up to date on Aussie outboards and your work.

I shall have a peek at the new venture and wish you well with it.
Have you been tempted in old inboards again ?

Cheers
Neil

Hard a' starboard
AusF233
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 12:39:59 PM »

Thank you Neil.

Have had the opportunity to purchase a few inboards over the last 6-12 months, but have resisted the temptation in all cases.

Space (or lack thereof) is a real problem for me right now. I am even considering letting go of some of my duplicate outboards.

Regards,
Spiro

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: