logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2018, 04:05:46 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: New Members, after 10 posts we allow you into the Special Members section, including  the "Todays News" topics"  And it's all FREE!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Facebook group for Aussie Classic Boats.  (Read 1327 times)
coupe59

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2018, 08:15:16 PM »

Hi Everyone,

In case anyone is interested I have discovered a Facebook page for Aussie Classic boats. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1713577928952179/

Hopefully it will grow to be a bit more active than this forum of late!

Cheers,
Anthony
senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 01:18:17 PM »

Thank you Anthony .
It looks very promising .
I shall add my 22ft Nock and Kirby's 1961 Express Cruiser soon !
Neil

Hard a' starboard
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 10:02:14 AM »

Hello Anthony,
I had a look at Facebook.

Is that a genuine 1500XS on the Javelin?

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
darrcoll
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 08:28:22 PM »

Always good to compare notes. I have a bellboy banshee page on fb and it gets a bit of traffic. Still check this site for valuable information and good gossip.

Darrcoll    Don't tell me about BOATS
Old racer
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 03:29:08 PM »

Hi Guy,
    I think the Xs is the one that was for sale in Brisbane on Gumtree, I had a look at it, genuine J block, nicely rebuilt, brand new trim. I hope the new owner goes a bit light on the go peddle, don't think the Javelin was designed for that sort of horsepower, but I'm sure he has it all in hand.

Gentlemen, in the little moment that remains to us between the crisis and the catastrophe, we may as well drink a glass of champagne.
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 03:58:09 PM »

mmm, I think you are on to something there Nigel, could be. I recon you may own every other remaining 1500XS (within Australia).

Those Jav's would suck to the surface like a sting ray to the sea bottom. No amount of trim or grunt will help them achieve a speed over 50mph. The reality is, the Jav's were a sporty looking mini barge which rode as if it had square wheels!!

As you well know, BB still hold the Australian record at over 87MPH with the same motor but with a far better hull.

I recall the max power for a Jav' was 100hp or may be 110hp. The only reason for this, was to able to haul out 3 x skiers on singles from a deep water start, certainly not outright speed of course!

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
the tin man

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 08:36:32 AM »

I don't think that the 1500xs is genuine as the cowl is not fluted....It's definitely not the the one from Brisbane Old Racer because it was MEEEEEE!
Apologies everyone I don't post because I have no progress to report, but now that my motor is finished! I am motivated to work on boat.
I am glad you liked it Old Racer and that you met up. I told Graeme he would like this site but he said internet too challenging.
I see he still has 2.5 liter for sale if anyone wants to go really fast
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/albion/boat-accessories-parts/mercury-2-5-l-high-performance-outboard/1132302670
He is great contact as has been in the industry - also has a powercat with twin 750's(not for sale)
I promise I will take care of this beauty
I plan to put it on the caribbean - yes I know way too much for little boat -but what could go wrong!  Cool

The chance for mistakes is about equal to the number of crew squared
Old racer
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 07:20:02 AM »

Sorry Tin Man,
       My mistake, you sure bought a nice motor, bit sorry I passed on it, but I've already got three, and how many xs Mercs does a man need, probably four!
           Good luck with your project, and remember, 'if in doubt, trim it out.'   Nigel.

Gentlemen, in the little moment that remains to us between the crisis and the catastrophe, we may as well drink a glass of champagne.
the tin man

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 09:40:47 PM »

Hi Nigel,
well i understand how you would consider what four lined up may look like, Um three is very impressive.
I have just added a 1975 1500 long shaft to my collection and have them side by side for comparison.
Sounds awesome and loud - cant wait to give it a run ......
I shall be consulting you as things progress, if I may.
cheers Tom

The chance for mistakes is about equal to the number of crew squared
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: