logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 01:10:38 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: New Members, after 10 posts we allow you into the Special Members section, including  the "Todays News" topics"  And it's all FREE!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SwiftCraft  (Read 1366 times)
andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2017, 07:21:54 PM »

Well, you've done an amazing job.

Where are all the Hartley boats?
Old racer
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 04:54:14 PM »

Lovely job mate, a credit to you. When are you going to find a Stilletoe?

Gentlemen, in the little moment that remains to us between the crisis and the catastrophe, we may as well drink a glass of champagne.
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2017, 06:52:03 AM »

Hi I sand blasted most of the aluminium covers except the gearbox then primed with Epinamel PR250 then  Colourthane PF330 primer filler ( hi build primer ) top coat is Colourthane C Series. The fiberglass cowling was sanded back then just the PF330 and the C series top coat , these are Wattyl 2 pack industrial products I used them on a 40ft yacht I had, for an outboard a bit of over kill  but I was familiar with using them.  The Engine block I just primed then top coated. If you decide to go this way make sure you read the safety sheets and buy the best mask and filters you can. Wattyl trade centre in Springvale helped a lot to colour match the white & Polycromatic blue.

Cheers Mike G

What a fantastic result. I'm very impressed.
Was there any need to sand between primer filler and top coat, or can you spray one on top of the other soon after the primer filler has cured?
I have read about some products where you can do just that!

I really think the blue colour you have chosen, matches the blue of my 1960 10hp 'rude. It will certainly require a paint job as soon as its back together again.

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
yachty60

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2017, 08:33:44 PM »

Hi, no you can wet on wet without sanding  and that’s good for less cosmetic areas.
Mounted the motor back on today so far all good, sea trials soon”

Mike g

* IMG_3913.JPG (2110.29 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 17 times.)
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2017, 08:55:42 AM »

Outstanding results.
Now, what have you used on your trailer? Was a prime or rust converter necessary?

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
Juzzanaut

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 09:12:57 PM »

I’ve just about finished my restoration of my 1500.  It has a slightly modern take on the original as I could hardly find any photos when I started.  She’s come up pretty good for a 50 year old boat

* IMG_0123.jpg (94.95 KB, 640x480 - viewed 8 times.)

* IMG_0124.jpg (101.17 KB, 640x480 - viewed 7 times.)
yachty60

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2017, 01:04:51 PM »

Hi Mercman
The Trailer i just hit the rust with a power wire wheel on a angle grinder not fun then rust converter then Wattyl single pack cold gal , wattyl primer then Hi Chem silver grey hamertone, not a lot of time spent but should do for a few years.

Juzzanaut, Nice job on your 1500, i am curious as to the paint you used and also the SwiftCraft emblem on the dash did you have it recromed? Again nice job. 
Juzzanaut

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2017, 02:50:01 PM »

Hey Mercman

I gave it a light sand, 2 pac primer filler and then a 2 pac color.  The blue is actually vinyl wrap over the top.

It had all the original fittings on the boat.  And yes the SwiftCraft badge was rechecked along with all the other fitting.  Wasn’t cheap but came up a treat.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: