logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 12:21:56 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Spammers, you're wasting your time. Our keen monitors erase and report you in minutes.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AA's Hartley Flareline  (Read 4416 times)
andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2017, 07:14:48 PM »

Getting v excited to get boat back soon. Mark informs me she's now running v smoothly, which I presume means she's running like a new Honda 4 stroke! He's even been good enough to check my trailer bearings and tell me they're half buggered ( and replaced  them,  before the longish tow home), so I'm extremely grateful for all he's done. If it hadn't been for this forum, I might now be the owner of a brand new shiny boat and outboard, instead, I'm enjoying the quirkiness of an almost 50 yo old outfit! I'm sure my current rig  is way more fun!...maybe.

A

Where are all the Hartley boats?
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2017, 09:58:51 AM »

Another happy customer!

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2017, 07:40:46 PM »

I'm v happy for the contact through this forum, and I hope that Mark has not felt any undue obligation re my motor - I'm just happy to have a contact who is honest, and happy to pay commercial rates for repairs.

Will sort out pick up some time next week, as there's no purpose trying to launch a boat down the peninsula in the next few weeks, due to proponderance  of  dickheads at boat ramp!

Looking fwd to posting some piccies.

A

andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2017, 06:13:42 PM »

Nice to now be reunited with my boat, and to have met Mark S - he now has an intimate understanding about my ineptness with things mechanical!

Anyway, he tells me it's running smoothly; he's fixed a whole lot of stuff, including my throttle/gear changing woes, and even redid my bearings,  refitted my trailer brakes properly ( replaced my incorrectly sized and type of bolt), and adjusted the brakes so they work.

Given that I've not had anything done by a proper mechanic to the engine for 8yrs, the repair cost works out pretty cheaply averaged over the years.

Looking forward to getting on the water.

MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2018, 10:43:13 AM »

Happy New Year to all.

Andrew, did you manage to wet the bum of your boat since your last communication with us?
Any pics, we love pics?

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2018, 10:21:03 PM »

Yes, boated last Sunday. QRan very smoothly and well initially , but after a while everything "slowed down", so we were only just able to get to planing speed. Speaking with Mark, I think it might be an issue with poor fuel supply to engine eg  fuel tank breather valve not working properly. The fuel line is new. Will fiddle with it next trip.

Won't be out again until,the end of January, and will post piccies then. Unfortunately this forum seems to require downsizing of piccies on a computer before posting, and I normally just use an iPad, so it's a bit more complicated to post piccies, but will do so after next trip. Mark did suggest I leave the cowl on the engine, and concentrate on painting the boat, which was a very nice way of saying I really shouldn't do anything mechanical! He can add to that if he wishes!

A

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: