logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2017, 05:19:29 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: New Members, after 10 posts we allow you into the Special Members section, including  the "Todays News" topics"  And it's all FREE!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Protecting bits from rust with some sort of spray on paint.  (Read 280 times)
andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2017, 10:57:40 PM »

So, given that daughter #2's ex BF was "looking at putting his tools in someone else's shed", as it were, I  now have my carbies  to reassemble by myself, apparently in good working order (according to him, as they were worked on before he was caught out  "looking for other people's sheds".

Before "he" went "looking for sheds", he made comment to me of some grey spray paint that he uses regularly as a marine mechanic to stop things rusting, and make them look OK on a motor. Does anyone here know what he was talking about? It was offered to me, but the "shed" issue arrived before I could act on it.

So glad I got my carby back 2 days before they broke up though!.....

A

Where are all the Hartley boats?
andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 10:59:33 PM »

Haha - I just looked at this post of mine, and my immediate thought for a response was "keep your bits well lubricated"....going no further.

A

Where are all the Hartley boats?
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 09:46:30 AM »

AA  To be safe... Tarp Up, I always say!

There are a few spray can products around which are high in Zinc. One that comes to mind is Galmet Cold Gal, White Kinght have a similar product as well. The spray can is rather heavy because of the high Zinc content. You must shake the hell out of the can and when you think that's enough shaking, do it all over again before conducting any spraying. Just don't let anyone see to shaking the spray can so vigorously for so long, it will just add to your past reputation.

These products are great on trailers as well.

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 07:08:55 PM »

Hi AA
Very droll ,brilliant !
Your humour asks more questions than spray paint .
As you say go no further but we can discuss per PM's , sheds ,tools  and ages as in men's shed and no2's age .

Tried most of Mercman's paints and they work well ,depending on price but the key to all painting is surface preparation.

Neil

Hard a' starboard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: