logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 01:13:39 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Spammers, you're wasting your time. Our keen monitors erase and report you in minutes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Savage Fisherman  (Read 1708 times)
Murray210

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2016, 12:07:45 PM »

Hi,
I have just purchased a nice little restored Savage Fisherman with a BMW 7hp Inboard.
I have had fast boats, big boats, row boats etc. But this Fisherman is a cracker. Not fast, but it's not the point, as they say once on board you have arrived, the rest is about the journey.

* A Fisherman.jpg (1318.64 KB, 2656x1494 - viewed 146 times.)
senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 07:51:33 AM »

Welcome to The Board ' Murray .
What a beautiful craft and hope you have many happy years in the slow lane on bays and rivers .

I have had putters for forty years ,all timber and a variety of motors .They are full time maintenance  .
In my 70's and about to go fast lane again in my vintage cruiser with twin outboards .

Regards
Neil

Hard a' starboard
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 08:59:56 AM »

G'day Murray210,
What a beaut little gem, I really wish that rig was parked in my garage. I bet you cant wait to get out onto the water.

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
Murray210

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 09:28:44 AM »

Welcome to The Board ' Murray .
What a beautiful craft and hope you have many happy years in the slow lane on bays and rivers .

I have had putters for forty years ,all timber and a variety of motors .They are full time maintenance  .
In my 70's and about to go fast lane again in my vintage cruiser with twin outboards .

Regards
Neil

Hi Neil, thanks for the Welcome, I had a timber putter a few years ago with a Blaxland 3.5, so this is an upgrade on the maintenance front for me, I have had her out to see in Partially smooth waters, very stable little craft, enjoy your vintage cruiser Smiley
Murray210

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 09:33:11 AM »

G'day Murray210,
What a beaut little gem, I really wish that rig was parked in my garage. I bet you cant wait to get out onto the water.

MERCMAN.

Thanks Mercman,
been out in the sea in her, but she is under propped, prop is stamped 12 inch and has a 9 pitch, but actually measures up at 10 x 9. 12 x 12 is about right for its spec, hp, box ratio etc. Just making up a nicer little 316 S/S 4 post canopy for some shade, bit hot up in North Qld this time of year. Sorting out another prop at the moment and will go out and see how she travels.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: