logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 05:35:34 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Spammers, you're wasting your time. Our keen monitors erase and report you in minutes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How hard do you bounce an old hull over waves?  (Read 868 times)
andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2016, 08:37:46 PM »

Coming back up Port Phillip Bay into a northerly the other day, we had that awkward issue of 2-4' waves head on, and whether to crank up the revs and try to "bounce" over them, or go slower and hit every 3rd trough, with associated spray over front.

My fishing mate has a newer fiberglass hill 6.5m boat, and really bounces it over all this stuff, making it extremely uncomfortable to be a passenger in the boat. My issue is that I really don't know how well my old boat was made (I suspect it has a fiberglass layer over the bond wood), and I'm anxious that it might just "fall to bits".  Has anyone had a boat "fall to bits" in use?

A

Where are all the Hartley boats?
AaronJ
Board God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 08:45:51 PM »

Forget waves... mine is falling to bits just sitting in the driveway (the motor at least)  ;-)

andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 10:02:44 PM »

Thanks. That was a beautifully useless response, but no doubt appropriate to your circumstances!!

I hope you get up and running with something soon.

A

Where are all the Hartley boats?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: