logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 08:04:51 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Spammers, you're wasting your time. Our keen monitors erase and report you in minutes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ? 1970 Evinrude Starflite throttle/gear shift cable replacement  (Read 485 times)
andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2016, 08:33:55 PM »

A few years ago, the very bow end of this cable broke off, and I needed to move the whole thing forward (one of those repairs that needed to be done on the spot, at great inconvenience). As a consequence, the missing half inch or so makes it more difficult to put the gear shift into neutral, but, as everything seems to be working reasonably reliably after 6yrs of ownership of this motor, and with very little expenditure to date, I'm thinking i might replace the cable to make gear shifting easier.

The question is - is this a standard easily accessible part, or one of those difficult and complex bits to find?

Currently all set for a day out on PPB tomorrow - motor starts reliably, and revs smoothly with muffs on, new petrol mix in tank, fishing rods rigged, weather looking good......keeping fingers crossed.

A

Where are all the Hartley boats?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: