logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 01:01:35 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: New Members, after 10 posts we allow you into the Special Members section, including  the "Todays News" topics"  And it's all FREE!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anniversary SX 2  (Read 7185 times)
senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2016, 04:21:01 PM »

G'day Guy
I'll give it a squiz and consult my full manual .
As to tachos I only bought one in the set of instruments I purchased from the States thinking ? one would tell me what the other was doing on throttle setting  Embarrassed
As I have built a new console I will have to buy and figure a 2nd one .Plenty of time Wink
Using 98 now on everything  . We were lead to believe but now we are unleaded  Smiley

Re videos -  Kerrie tried sending yesterday and today . She thinks one went through but the others keeps saying oversized . Also tried desktop but to no avail .

On a public note- again Thank You for your invaluable support .

Neil

Hard a' starboard
senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2016, 07:47:40 PM »

By the way the guy on the ramp jetty didn't move his boat ,much as he admired ours ,he just could just not believe it was a towable craft and we met there to buy/sell .

How did you cross Henry Lawson Drive in that traffic ?

Just bought another tacho ,pick up Menai . More fun as the Doctor was asking what's next  Wink

Neil

Hard a' starboard
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2016, 09:41:51 AM »

All good.
As for Kerrie's videos, perhaps your daughter or grandchildren can email them to me from Kerrie's phone?

Henry Lawson Dr...A big white twin turbo V8 diesel Landcruiser doesn't have any problems with city traffic, nor most off road conditions. She's really quick off the mark as well, having more power and torque than a 351 Falcon.
She is also real good at bluffing.

Perhaps it may have been quicker for you if you turned left and then did a U-ie at the entrance of the sub-station and then came back down the hill for an easy left hand turn into The River Rd?
Or as possibly the best option, weasel your way home from the south end of Picnic Point Rd?

Imagine trying to negotiate that intersection on a sunny weekend. You would have to wait in the queue for ages, before you even made it to the intersection.

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2016, 06:02:30 PM »

Bluffing is the operative word at that intersection .

It is a lovely natural  area but  that turn is extremely hazardous .
A . was asking about the spot but if you Google Earth Georges River National Park   you can see what a  hazard it is in peak , or any time to go straight through River Road  .

I did the long way left to get there from home and the long way the other way (left again ) from the park to get back  .
!0/15 minutes and avoid tragedy .

Still tracking the video trail with family .
 Thanks.

Neil

Hard a' starboard
andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2016, 07:00:31 PM »

When's the next outing?

Neil, is this a boat that you used to use, and then decided to restore, or is it a restoration project that you purchased and have now eventually finished?

I think the best outings I've had in my boat have been when we've been boat camping - and sleeping in the boat.
Thinking of which, I still need to modify my front hatch like yours!

A

Where are all the Hartley boats?
senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2016, 09:03:12 AM »

Hi AT
Next outing will be during school holidays (not weekends) when I have the assistance of grandchildren to assist my children . Just cruise the Georges River .There is a lot to see and plenty of bush .
Mostly speed restricted .
Used to use . Purchased as second owner .Original lived waterfront Sydney so was slipped as well as trailered.
He owned a large paint manufacturing business including house paint and boat paint/varnish so was well maintained  Wink
I stored it outside at Sussex Inlet for many years and as she is over three metres high on the trailer there was no suitable undercover  protection in town .
Suddenly found rot in the stem and transom so rebuilt  the lot from scratch learning as I went . As I progressed I wanted more/better and as I've worked on five other boats (plus many other projects) it took some time  Grin
Surprisingly not so much money . Just satisfaction .

Biggest problem is to launch and retrieve as a Septuagenarian .

When ready I will send more photos of the hatch set up and an explanation .
Build the frame below deck and add a swinging arm (lever and pulleys )

Cheers

Neil
Neil

Hard a' starboard
andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2016, 09:41:28 AM »

It's surprising how high boats are on trailers - even mine is 2.5m, as it only fits under our roller door by a cm or so, and I have to drop the front wheel of the trailer (whatever it's called) as low as it goes when I winch her in - unfortunately I didn't do this the other day, and managed to catch the windscreen on the roller door, and pull it off, along with the wood that it attaches to on the cabin roof. Its amazing how well epoxy works to get it all back together again!

A

Where are all the Hartley boats?
senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2016, 02:54:36 PM »

Jockey is the word.
Don't know how I would have done without epoxies !
Many boats went to the grave that I could have saved if I had and  known about them and their cousins.

Hard a' starboard
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: