logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2018, 05:28:13 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Spammers, you're wasting your time. Our keen monitors erase and report you in minutes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FOR SALE MERC 110 Short/shaft  (Read 1875 times)
Morrison

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2016, 02:08:31 PM »

This is more a parts engine as the crankcase is warped and leaks compression out the side join (cheap fix some glue). Motor comes with a full gasket set.
Again MAKE AN OFFER  Its very cheap, buy the gaskets and the engine is free.
 PICKUP only.  Item in Bairnsdale Vict.   Ph 0428 516 333   Sorry no photo it is still buried in the shed.
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 03:52:55 PM »

I've never seen a crankcase warp? If she wasn't so far from my place, I'd pick her up.

Short Shafts are certainly very hard to come by, as the years roll on.
All I6 and 650 Power heads from 1965 to 1968 should be compatible with this Short Shaft.

I have a friend who may wish to build something out of her. "Frankenmerc" I'll have a chat with him tonight.

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
Morrison

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 04:55:20 PM »

MERCMAN    You can get a 5 thou feeler gauge in the center of the side join in the crankcase.   Are you in Melbourne?? if so I do go down every now and then if you are not in a hurry.   Ken M
Morrison

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 12:37:40 PM »

Sorry Mercman, just noticed that you live well up the hill from me don't go that way very often.
Hi guys, a bit more info on this motor, it is a 1970's  2 cyl, 9.8 hp. with black cover.  I don't think an I6 leg will fit??
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 07:19:04 AM »

Hi Ken,
Sorry I missed your last few posts, I've been away in Brisbane on business.
Yes, I live on the South Coast on NSW, not too far from Nowra.
As for your 110, I certainly fell into that trap.My goodness, I was under the impression you had a older I6 110hp which had the model designation of 1100. It's abundantly clear to me now you have a model designation 110 which the 9.8hp. A cute little motor indeed.

You are so right, an I6 Block will be most difficult to graft on to a 2 cylinder leg. However, I bet my very clever neighbour could do it, given the time and money.

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: