logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2018, 05:52:48 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Spammers, you're wasting your time. Our keen monitors erase and report you in minutes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Australian 50's Tornado  (Read 3439 times)
AusF233
Board God

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2015, 04:38:52 PM »

A BIG note of thanks must go to Board member Notav8 for putting me on to this one. It was advertised on eBay under maintenance and therefore easily missed.

It has been in one family since new and powered a 14 timber boat used for recreational fishing in Port Phillip Bay. It starts on first pull of the cord and runs smoothly throughout the entire rpm range and had received a cosmetic restoration by the son of the original owner some 10 years ago.

Manufactured by Seacraft in Mordialloc Victoria approx 2km's from where I live. Certainly a nice to addition to the collection.

Originally, this plate would have been riveted to the cowl.

It came with the original tool bag comprising original pull chord, spark plug, spark plug tool, screw driver? and fluid canister (contents smell like areostart or similar) for difficult starting.

There are some major runs in the paint work on the cowl and tank and the tiller was also over-looked during the previous resto. It shows signs of being originally painted in a Silver hammer tone paint. Ans although not very clear from the above, there are signs indicating the barrel and head were originally painted gold.

Whilst I have no plans to change (or correct) anything at this stage, I may give it a tidy up when the whether improves.

Thanks again Notav8.

Regards,
Collector Inspector
Board God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 05:06:51 PM »

They are very cool!

Yours is complete.

Probably the last version as the exhaust is "Under Water", early ones had Mini Motor standard muffler.

Be proud.

B
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 05:09:23 PM by Collector Inspector » Logged

AusF233
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 01:08:31 PM »

Thank you B,

Yes, am very happy with this purchase. It's starts and runs fine and is all there.

A few BIG paint runs in the cowl that I'll need to address at some stage, otherwise all good!

Good to see you on here mate.

Regards,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: