logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 05:39:07 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Hello visitors. We are a spam free friendly lot and welcome new members. Your Vintage Outboarding is our interest. Please join us.
Spammers are Banned and Reported.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Caribbean logos  (Read 2347 times)
Cherry_crosby
Board God

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2014, 01:34:30 PM »

Does anyone have high resolution images of the Caribbean logo with a few dimensions? I want to try modeling it up an having it 3D printed to then cast or just paint them. the dashboard logo may end up being laser cut.

I am after

caribbean cursive.

larysumi
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 06:28:10 PM »

I have both. I have a cutting file for the Caribbean logo on the dash and have had it cut in lexcen. Turned out really good. They are big files so not sure how to get them to you. I have also had the emblem cast in gun metal at a local foundry in brisbane. Turned out ok, just needs a clean up. I will post some photo's.

I have been looking at casting them using resin from molds made from pinkysil, google it. It is used for make movie prop's etc.

I would be interested in seeing how you go with 3d printing.

The emblem is actually 2 pieces. There is the "V" and then the round disc with the name in it.

Cheers

Michael.
Cherry_crosby
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 11:08:23 AM »

I thought for strength I might just have them printed as 1 piece, it depends on the costs, I can get them printed in stainless for roughly $8 per cm3 from a website called Shapeways. They offer a whole range of materials cheapest being $0.35 per cm3 but the detail would be useless for making a mold. The most economical will be around $1.50 per cm3

What format do you have the cut files in? Can you give me some overall dimensions of the disks and 'V'?
Cherry_crosby
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 02:06:29 PM »

Some quick mock ups of the disc, I have figured out how I'm going to do the 'V' yet.

If anyone wants to print it out and have a look next to a real one that would be great.

The image of the logo, I am using has a bit of corrosion in it; which makes some bits difficult to discern.

larysumi
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 07:10:25 PM »

the cut files are Coral Draw files. They are quite small.

I have the dimensions of the disc and V and will scan them in tomorrow when i get to work.

Might be easier if i email them to you along with the CDR files. Can you PM me your email address.

Can you send me the files for the images of the disc and I will print them out and see how the match up with the emblems i have.

These are some photo's of the cast's i had made. Need a bit of work to make them look good. The last image is of the logo cut from 4mm perspex.

* IMAG0981.jpg (78.38 KB, 448x253 - viewed 149 times.)

* IMAG0982.jpg (33.57 KB, 448x253 - viewed 138 times.)

* IMAG0983.jpg (96.53 KB, 448x253 - viewed 147 times.)

* IMAG0984.jpg (10.84 KB, 448x253 - viewed 140 times.)
Cherry_crosby
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 12:05:54 PM »

So I have gotten a price for for the disc to have it printed, in white plastic that I would have to then cast in aluminium is about $40 each. Or $60 for a metallic plastic that would be used on the boat.
Wade

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 11:50:46 AM »

Hi Cherry_crosby,

Just wondering if you have had the logos made up yet or not? I've been on the look out for logos for my restoration but have had no luck. I would be keen to get some made along with yours if it wasn't too much of a hassle.

Cheers

Wade
Cherry_crosby
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 12:28:32 PM »

Hi Wade,

No I haven't had any made yet, I need to confirm overall dimensions (thickness and outside diameter) of someone's original to my model. Then decide if I am going to use it as a blank for casting or get it in a metallic plastic which I would then paint or use raw. I can get it done in stainless steel but at $270 a piece it's a be expensive.

Michael offered me his to have a look at but I haven't taken him up on the offer.

Metallic plastic

Buy one here, but it is still not exactly right so buy at your own risk. I wont have time to work on it for a little while.

Will.
Wade

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 05:10:15 PM »

Thanks for that Will,

I'll follow the progress on this thread, I'm in no rush. They look really good, it sure beats searching for original ones!

Wade
Crosby95

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 02:43:15 PM »

Hi Cherry_Crosby, I am trying to find a copy of the dashboard logo for a Crosby. Would you be able to point me in the right direction? Thanks.
Cherry_crosby
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 03:14:59 PM »

I was going to get some 3D printed but I haven't been able to do anything with my two Crosbys for a long time. So I am actually passing them on. There is one on the red one I have but it is going in the next few days. A week earlier and I might have been able to sell it to you for a bit less than what you were offered.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: