logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2018, 09:09:06 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Spammers, you're wasting your time. Our keen monitors erase and report you in minutes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hartleys  (Read 3741 times)
Chair
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2014, 10:56:14 AM »

My 85 year old neighbour has a Hartley Vixen (in storage) that was built by her late husband, but incomplete (I believe its nearly there). She is a real goer, (my neighbour) and a few years back wanted to get her boat licence and get the thing in the water, She asked me if I'd finish it for her (for a fee) and I said I had too many projects of my own (especially now I have a G3 to restore)
I haven't seen the Hartley but she showed me some plans and pointed to the Vixen. The other pic is a Voyager, The one under power I stole from another website.
Andrew, maybe this will raise your eyebrow. Come on, you're not serious unless you have more than one boat, not that I'm suggesting to take advantage of little old ladies Smiley
Chair

* Hartley Vixen1.JPG (33.46 KB, 640x480 - viewed 397 times.)

* vixen17c1.JPG (9.15 KB, 374x181 - viewed 365 times.)

* hartley voyager1.JPG (26.76 KB, 599x428 - viewed 327 times.)
senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 06:49:40 PM »

Hi David ,
A couple of nice craft there . Two 17 's ?
Dr Whoa could assist both your neighbour and update  .
A satisfied patient and two Hartleys .
All you could ask for is three boats . As you do  Grin

Neil

Hard a' starboard
Chair
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 08:16:16 PM »

Yep, I particularly like the Voyager...Where is the Doc? Probably holidaying in the Pacific... Cool
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 02:56:47 PM »

It's funny how the Vixen hull looks remarkably like a Hines Hunter 17R???

By the way, the vessel fitted with twins appears to have 1967 model motors.

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
Chair
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 09:04:45 AM »

Yeah, I love the classic shape based on ply boats before moulded glass designs took hold.
andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 10:55:43 PM »

The doc is here....unfortunately recently  had to "cancel all cookies" on my ipad, so as to be able to read The Age website again, and then forgot my password for this forum ( which sadly is the same as all my other passwords on forums!), but now got my shit together (sorry Neil), and back online

David, I already own two (or more , depending on definition) "boats". I have the trusty Hartley, and a home  made John Welsford "Setnet" dinghy, and 2 sea kayaks, and 2 Alpacka rafts...and we live in the top of a hill!

And, I'm not going to "service" and little old ladies!

Lastly, Mercman, interesting that you should say that, as I'm actually going off to Kiritimati on Tuesday for a week to flyfish for bonefish and giant trevally. Kiritimati is on the equator, south of Hawaii, for those who don't know.

Now I'm back online, I can send you all tantalising piccies of Kiritimati, and so forth!

A

senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 08:20:49 AM »

A
'You can't educate mugs'  Grin
While in Kiribati you can visit London and Poland ! Cuts down costs .

Neil

Hard a' starboard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: