logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 12:57:12 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Spammers, you're wasting your time. Our keen monitors erase and report you in minutes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chair's (Aussie) Glasspar G3  (Read 1864 times)
Chair
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2014, 08:08:07 PM »

I never thought I'd see the day.
Thanks to Scotty in WA and a Gumtree seller, I'm the proud owner of a G3. I've been drooling over pics of these for years and since the one I had my eye on in Geelong has mysteriously dissappeared, I didnt think I'd ever pick one up, particularly the model with the bridge deck like this beauty. Scotty tells me that most of the fittings are in the boat and the hull is surprisingly in good shape. My goal is to restore it fully to the white with red trim as in the pic. Thank you Scotty for spotting it and kindly picking it up for me.
If anyone has a clue of the best mode of transport from WA to Melbourne I'd appreciate suggestions.
Chair.

* my g3.JPG (47.12 KB, 640x480 - viewed 214 times.)

* g3right.JPG (40.23 KB, 587x393 - viewed 202 times.)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 07:38:46 AM by Chair » Logged
slowpoke
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 09:10:24 AM »

Wonderful news Chair,
I can feel your joy from up here. Does this become the sixth (known) G3 in Australia? Or is it seven?
Scotty sure is a pal, eh.

No doubt you have much information, but if I can be of any help just holler.  Mine is original and therefor unmodified.
I agree that white with a splash of red is better than the deep red it currently sports.

Ken
PS very difficult logging in this morn. Couldn't log in last night after many tries.

Chair
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 08:16:34 PM »

Thanks Ken, I don't think the red is the original colour, yet to confer with Scotty and yes he is certainly a fabulous member in the west.
Regarding the board problems, it's well noted and our Webmaster is travelling the Globe at the moment, but assures me he can fix most things from away.
I believe it's the server here that is the problem...I'm on to it.
Will no doubt need to talk to you soon. Very excited.
Chair

webmaster
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 10:30:33 PM »

That's a good looking boat mate...enjoy and thanks for the beer... Grin

it's a small world...but I wouldn't want to have to paint it...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: