logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2018, 12:48:59 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Hello visitors. We are a spam free friendly lot and welcome new members. Your Vintage Outboarding is our interest. Please join us.
Spammers are Banned and Reported.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I'm trying to find info on a product PC49 (little bit off topic)  (Read 2668 times)
Chair
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2014, 10:26:00 AM »

Horrible stuff if I remember, PC49 in a tube. I tried to Google it to no evail. Does anyone remember it? I believe it was an adhesive. Black horrible greasy glue. probably the glue they stuck on the old insulation tape. (the tape I liked).I remember a Police Cunstable with a BIG hand forward "STOP" it was in a red white and blue box. (or did I dream it)
Other products were Marfak (lube) and later in the early 60s a waterproof glue called GRASP that dried solid shiny brown so hard it'd crack over the first bump. A neighbour bulit a little hydro (Minimax) using it. Prior to that he used Aquadhere thinking it was waterproof and his little hydro became unstuck. Held together only by monometal nails. He eventually discovered Fiberglass tape.
Chair

senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 07:05:04 PM »

The only one you mention that I remember is Marfak which was a Caltex product here. Don't think you dreamed it . Those things are usually true  Smiley

Despite the fact that you say it is off subject ( which I am most of the time anyway) .

WHY do you want to know ?

The coppers hand was obviously suggesting spell check  Grin

Neil

Hard a' starboard
Chair
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 11:24:08 AM »

Ha Ha I spelt it that way on porpoise.
My mate (another Neil just confirmed that I wasn't dreaming and described it to a T ( maybe the T I left out of that misspelt word), but he said PC48
Which we googled but our glue didn't surface
On the subject of spellcheck, my teacher wife is my spellcheck Smiley
Always correcting me.
Chair
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 11:26:10 AM by Chair » Logged
Chair
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 10:07:30 AM »

Found it after posting a Blog on Wordpress. Thought I must have been dreaming. It was discontinued many years ago and was a glue made by Omiston in Melbourne. Riveting stuff for you guys
In belated answer to your question Neil, "Why do you want to know?" Sometimes products "stick" in your mind from childhood. I was just curious. The packaging of this glue was fantastic I remember. That was over 60 years ago, but dont ask me to remember what I did yesterday.

* PC 49.jpg (25.6 KB, 480x640 - viewed 220 times.)

* pc 49 2.jpg (461.89 KB, 2392x1564 - viewed 222 times.)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 10:20:23 AM by Chair » Logged
senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 09:06:09 AM »

Pleased that you found it Chair  Smiley

Know the feeling but remembering these little things is pleasant even if exasperating .

Not knowing yesterday puts us in the 'vintage' class unlike our boats which are ' classic' )

Neil

Hard a' starboard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: