logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2018, 02:45:52 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Spammers, you're wasting your time. Our keen monitors erase and report you in minutes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My dilemma with the Mercury '76 I4 850 blueband  (Read 3183 times)
Cherry_crosby
Board God

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2014, 10:14:39 AM »

After missing out on one that would have been a perfect power head transplant(to much corrosion in the block of mine, gumtree one had a seized leg) I have been calling wreckers and scouring gumtree/ebay for anything similar. A local wreckers has a complete running unit for $1000 (if I don't buy it he will list it on ebay for $1500 or so he says), now I am not sure I can justify that at the moment with current position of the restoration. I would consider parting out my current one but then I may sell something I might require down the track.

Considering my Crosby is a while from completion is it going to be better to bide my time and wait for something else to pop up? Also knowing that the running unit from the wreckers will sit under wraps for a far amount of time until the boat is ready( I would mothball it properly to make sure it was right as rain when I finally drop it on the boat).

That brings me to my final question, do any board members have one they would like to sell that has a solid block but may be lacking in other areas?
jim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 02:13:26 PM »

Hi Cherry, I know your post is quite old but if you are still looking I have two 850's that are supposed to be good runners that I can sell, they will be no where near $1000 either....
Cheers, Jim
Cherry_crosby
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 04:17:59 PM »

Thanks,  I still have the 850 but I'm not looking to work on it at the moment.  I have my eye on a restored Crosby with a Johnson meteor on it.  If I can get it for the right price.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: