logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 18, 2018, 10:49:59 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Spammers, you're wasting your time. Our keen monitors erase and report you in minutes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Javelin on eBay  (Read 4013 times)
andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2014, 05:35:08 PM »

For those non-Hartley Javelin types.....nice description of provenance as well.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Savage-Javelin-Ski-boat-with-Evinrude-JUMBO-V4-60hp-including-spares-extras-/370984464877?pt=AU_Boats&hash=item566065b1ed&_uhb=1

Actually, does anyone have a Hartley boat on this forum.....?

Andrew A
andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 06:43:24 PM »

A mate and I bid to $1000 ( I offered to go halves with him, as he needs a boat, his last one having been nicked, and he being my oldest friend), and we had it until 39s to go, and then our final final bid of $1050 was upped. Bugger. It would have been a fun project to be involved in. Note the potential for extra motors....

A (still happy with my Hartley, but I did like the vintage 'Rudes)
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 06:58:59 PM »

Hey Andy, I was bidding too, why didn't you say something..? I would have backed off.
Have you seen this corker yet? I believe this one was built in the early 70's by the look of the Dash & Screen
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Savage-Javelin-Boat-With-Trailer-/221357138661?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3389e9e2e5&_uhb=1

To answer your question about Hartleys.
I've owned two so far.
1. "Bad Habbits"-  27' Flybridge Cruiser, 6 berth, Dunny and Galley. Powered by a 6 cyl Diesel Volvo
2. Stormy -            18' Half Cabin Cruiser, 3 berth, Dunny and Galley. Powered by a 70hp rude with a 6hp rude to get home, cause the 70hp absolutely hated going home.

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 07:19:01 PM »

Ha! It was a  spontaneous last minute decision, and we were the high bidders until the last few seconds.

If you'd asked me an hour before whether I wanted to be part owner of a Javellin, I would have said no! It was actually the Rude that took my eye, and the extra one for spare parts......and the fact that my mate Tim has an eye for classic style, and had his tinny nicked recently .

The other one looks very aesthetic, but the engine a bit lame.

Which model was "Stormy"....mines comfy with 2, but not sure how I'd fit dunny and galley into my half cabin, unless you guys are shrimps!

Also, when thinking of classic boats ( beyond the Javellin, and Capricious, which no one seems to be able to identify, are they?), the others that come to mind are the Haydon Hydrodyne, and there's a lovely half cabin tri hull I saw in passing through Shepparton recently....? Catalina, or Glaston or something else......I might start a new thread about this....coz otherwise this will cause consternation!
Mark S
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 09:55:11 AM »

Nice original boat with original gauges steering wheel etc, and registration numbers. Very desirable. Shame one of us didn't get it.
I have plenty of second hand parts for 60hp V4s too.

Mark S.
senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 06:57:00 PM »

Javelin on Ebay .
Sydney reg. DT 96 S

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Savage-Javelin-Project-Boat-Includes-heaps-of-new-parts-to-complete-project-/151292028210?pt=AU_Boats&hash=item2339b52532&_uhb=1
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 08:49:15 AM by MERCMAN » Logged

Hard a' starboard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: