logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2018, 01:06:13 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Hello visitors. We are a spam free friendly lot and welcome new members. Your Vintage Outboarding is our interest. Please join us.
Spammers are Banned and Reported.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Javlin side badges and steering drum , Please ?  (Read 5424 times)
Nev
Board God

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2013, 02:32:51 PM »

I know its a big ask but anyone got some spare Jav side badges ?
I bought this hull about six ago and haven't be able to find any  Cry .
Just doesn't look right with the rubber bumper strip replacement.
Also after a cable steering drum, the one I have have is ok but the big alloy nut that tightens on the shaft split in half and I can not find a new nut to fit or even a new steering drum.
The two little grab handles on the outer transom are missing too.
I am willing to part with money to be satisfied  Tongue
Thanks Nev

* javb2.JPG (159.32 KB, 800x530 - viewed 315 times.)
scotty

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 10:51:06 PM »

Hi Nev.

scotty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 11:11:59 PM »

Hi Nev.

Not much help to you at the moment.  Have been thinking about getting some new badges made at a place in Perth.  Will keep in touch , it will be worth it if we get six or more made.  If your Jav has the decal down each side at the back of the boat then the centre badges will be the same as mine. Was your boat the one for sale in Chittering. That one came with two motors. Cant help with the steering , have got hydraulic for mine.
Cheers Scotty.
Nev
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 10:24:48 AM »

Hi Nev.

Not much help to you at the moment.  Have been thinking about getting some new badges made at a place in Perth.  Will keep in touch , it will be worth it if we get six or more made.  If your Jav has the decal down each side at the back of the boat then the centre badges will be the same as mine. Was your boat the one for sale in Chittering. That one came with two motors. Cant help with the steering , have got hydraulic for mine.
Cheers Scotty.
Hi Scotty
Not sure about the decals as this hull has be sign written with the savage logo. The hull was from Chittering, I sold off the two motors to recoup most of the boat cost. I have a 1964 65HP Merc for the back.
I am sure if we get 6 center badges made some one else will buy a set. At this stage I have no idea on the hulls vintage but I hope the speedo will be able to date it approx ??
Nev

* javdash.JPG (221.25 KB, 1000x662 - viewed 339 times.)
senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 03:53:32 PM »

Hi lads ,
Have never had a Javelin but over the years have taken an interest , particularly the historic photo section .

To try to assist I have looked back on files and found two references from the Chair five years ago .
1) Early Javelins all had their  'badges ' painted.
2) Bradford Badges in Melbourne make plastic badges.

Cheers

Neil

Hard a' starboard
scotty

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 11:46:17 PM »

Hi Nev and Neil

No guru myself on these Javs . The side decal is not a problem to get remade . The centre badge may be a bit more difficult. Because WA is suffering from a over inflated mining boom there are sales reps everywhere trying to drum up business . The rep from TLC Total laser cutting service in Perth called in and had a look, and seems to think our badges are not a problem. Will see what they can come up with and if not to expensive get some done. Will keep you posted Nev. Your dash cluster look great. Wish mine still had that. Most of the stuff in WA has been butchered . Will stay in touch.

Scotty.
Nev
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 06:26:16 PM »

I am starting on this project soon and still keen for badges  Grin
Nev
senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 07:25:05 PM »

So exciting to see you proceeding after a couple of years  Grin
I will fall of the twig before my projects are completed and I feel very comfortable with that .

Really trying to keep Board communications open but suggest  W.A . again as the boom has busted you may be able to do a deal ? Wink
Try Scotty ?

Neil (Jokin )

Hard a' starboard
Nev
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 07:45:22 PM »

A less the sweet running heart slowed me down for a few years and I have now 99% completed my Guardian rebuild (90Hp IL6). Been using the Guardian in the Swan river recently.
I have an 1964 65Hp Merc for the back of the Jav, keen to get it done over the next 12-18 months, no plans to drop off in the next few years either, God willing  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: