logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2018, 05:36:02 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Hello visitors. We are a spam free friendly lot and welcome new members. Your Vintage Outboarding is our interest. Please join us.
Spammers are Banned and Reported.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Savage Javelin Gunnel Step to copy  (Read 1891 times)
Drew

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2012, 09:54:24 PM »

Hey Folks,

I'm trying to find a good copy of a Savage Javelin Gunnel step (the plate on the gunnels that is about 8" x 3", with the Savage logo and stripes on it) to have new ones made.

Any assistance that can be rendered would be greatly appreciated!  If you can loan me one, I'll get you a new set made as well!

Cheers,

Andrew

ph: 0401 140 797
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 07:34:21 AM »

Hey Andrew,
I recall those steps - "foot treads" you are looking for, were made from a tough moulded plastic. There were fitted to the 15' Savage Pursuit as well.
Aren't the foot treads on your Javelin not good enough to reproduce from?
I guess there aren't any on your Viva? By the way, did you ever get her going with that big Chrysler?

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
Drew

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 05:08:04 PM »

Hiya,

yeah, on closer inspection, the treads were made from what looks like plastic or rubber, that has perished.

Ken (slowpoke) has kindly offered to create me a file that I can send to a CNC place to hopefully feed a router, and I have a couple of leads on reasonably priced CNC work, most likely in powder coated aluminium at this stage, or plastic/resin if aluminium is cost prohibitive...

We've just had twins, so I haven't had a chance to photograph/take a rubbing of the ones on my Javelin...

the Viva has a clean deck, so no leads there ... The only ones I've seen on a Pursuit didn't have the Savage logo in them....

We got the big Chrysler going on the Viva, but and it was certainly a quick ride!  It's now on the back of a Stiletto that is even quicker than the Viva was! Wink
senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 05:34:49 PM »

Hi anDrew
Congratulations on the twins .
I have two sets .
Hope your's don't look like their father, according to the profile photo  Wink Grin Shocked

Neil

Hard a' starboard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: