logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2018, 08:41:58 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Spammers, you're wasting your time. Our keen monitors erase and report you in minutes.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1971 4hp Mercury  (Read 12104 times)
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2013, 12:52:28 PM »

Hi Mark,
I believe GGG was referring to the whole Merc range, not just the single cylinder. Huh
Perhaps he might clarify?

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
GasGasGas

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 08:40:05 AM »

yeah, I just thought the early 60's ones looked similar to the early 70's ones in terms of general cowling shaps & decal colours....hence my error!

Mercman, a few ex- International Maring employes were attempting to have a reunion last year but it fell through due to lack of interest from the Spooner connection (although I don't know why that is relevant as Archie is deceased?!?).

I might try to organise a reunion for them later this year at St Kilda Marina or that vicinity.  Or maybe Scoresby? We could also invite early fibreglass/early outboard enthusiasts (you guys) to come along as well & get to meet some of the 'originals'.

Any interest?

MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2013, 11:40:55 AM »

I've just booked the flight. Grin

The Daughter of Tom Savage is a member of this Forum (user name: Electra). I'm guessing she may interested too? I dare say there would be quite a few members + others who would be interested in such an event.

I certainly recall meeting Bob Ford in the 70's at various race meetings - both short circuit & offshore. I know John Troy (Rosebery Office) & Ken Evans Moorebank Office) who are both EX Merc Marine employees. They may be quite interested as well.

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
Greenboat2

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2013, 09:38:24 PM »

Post the photos when u can , my mates dad used to have a dozen of these old mercs , 3.9  , 4, 4.5 ,
Great little workers
Matt
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: