logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2018, 06:40:29 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Spammers, you're wasting your time. Our keen monitors erase and report you in minutes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Not quite outboarding (minature engine)  (Read 3582 times)
Chair
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2012, 07:54:00 PM »

Amazing minature engine build
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3YfTtGCsiD8#!
Chair
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 12:49:59 PM »

That is truly incredible Dave,
It apparently runs even without Rings or Gaskets  Shocked
Wait until Bootlegger sees this. He'll want to make one too!

MERCMAN.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 07:07:27 AM by MERCMAN » Logged

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
scotty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 11:51:21 PM »

Hi Mercman  Bootlegger might want to make one. But i bett his wife wont let him build it in the kitchen like that bloke .  Cheers Scotty.
bootlegger
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 09:46:07 PM »

Hi Mercman  Bootlegger might want to make one. But i bett his wife wont let him build it in the kitchen like that bloke .  Cheers Scotty.

Thanks mercman for putting me onto this link. Its incredible what people do in their spare time.
I havent been on in ages.
I just finished a resto on an ek holden sedan today. Ive been working solidly on it for a few months.
I have also go the merlin back together on my hydro. I started it up but there is a problem with the carb.
I got a full carb kit for it but i havent got to it. Rebuilding one of these injection carbs is as much work as the engine.
The carb kit is worth $3000 so i dont want to stuff it up.
I have almost finished the resto on my 23ft 1929 gentlemans racer. The hull is done and the engine is done. Now the holden is finished i can get this one finally in the water.
I havent done anything with my hydrodyne or banshee but since i was last on here i have picked up an awsome ztepped hydro poweredby a 75hp white merc.
Re my wife we have a restored lambretta in our lounge room. Ive built plenty of things on our kitchen table.
scotty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 12:29:22 AM »

Hi Bootlegger  Your a lucky guy, i cant seem to get away with that yet.  I wonder if you could help me with some info on my old holden.  I have a EK ute  but the K frame is beyond repair, Can i buy a reproduction unit or do i have to find a second hand one. I bought my ute home from the wheat belt last weekend. After 20 years of storage, its time to tidy her up.  Any info would be great.  Thanks Scotty.
bootlegger
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 09:46:25 PM »

You cant buy repo front subframes but you can buy replacement sections to weld in. Ive repaired a few.
How bad is bad. I just bought an ek shell that the guy said it was too far gone.
Its a great shell with minor rust.
You can go on the ek forum or try a company called rust a problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: