logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2018, 06:04:09 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Spammers, you're wasting your time. Our keen monitors erase and report you in minutes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Old Outboard Day  (Read 1913 times)
Chair
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2011, 07:40:42 AM »

Today is International Star Wars day, a couple of weeks ago we had World Record Shop day, why don't we hoot for an  Old or Vintage Outboard Day? Mind you there would have to be a northern and southern hemisphere edition. What do you think?
Chair
DumHed
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 05:23:44 PM »

every day is old outboard day at my place Tongue

Don't push me, push a push pop
andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 10:22:29 PM »

I'm thinking that if we had an "old Outboard Motor" day, we should split it into "old Outboard Motors that work", and "OOM that dont work".

Currently mine doesn't.........embarrassed as I am. Solenoid hopefully arriving this week, and then I'm up and running again, I hope.

SO.........all you collectors out there.............who has their motor up and running................ and who doesn't.....................and who has been out in their boat in the last 6 months.....................just wondering?!!

AA
Chair
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 10:09:16 AM »

Andrew, it's amazing how durable old outboards can be though though. I started collecting old donks about 10 years ago and had 10 sitting on stands that I'm sure had not run for 20 or 30 years. One day I thought it would be interesting to see how many would run and added some fuel to each. I had 100% success rate. Maybe an outboard is not like a book where you can tell an outboard by its cover, as long as it turns over that is.
Good luck with your solenoid. And I hope you are more patient with your motor than a doctor this morning was with me. If I took my motor in for a check up, I'm sure the engineer would listen to ALL the problems I had with it in one hearing. It seems that I have to make 3 different appointments for 3 different ailments medically.
Chair

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: