logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2018, 01:56:08 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Spammers, you're wasting your time. Our keen monitors erase and report you in minutes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1971 ? Vampire (redoux')  (Read 10829 times)
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 07:54:34 AM »

What a huge effort resulting in a great result.

I've never seen a ski hook pulled out like that before Shocked

I like your gunwhale rubber, it appears to have a chrome insert, is that correct?

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
Peno

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 10:24:13 AM »

Thanks mate  - All white for now - going to trim in flag blue, I think.  Had that many layers of paint on it I could not tell what what original.  I think it started with a red top deck, not sure - cannot find any original colour pictures to give me inspiration.  I know for sure it cannot stay white, I will go blind (the international brand deck grip did not help much to reduce glare

Peno

P.S. any Ideas on the vintage?

Always biting off more than I can chew
Peno

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 10:43:39 AM »

Yep, chrome strip, trimmed to width, fixed in with marine adhesive - I think I'm still high.  The gun rubber was shot, needed a lot of rubbing with wet and dry/thinners and replacement caps prt and stb.

NSWSavageElectra
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 11:57:20 AM »

Hey Peno, she's looking great. Where did you get the badges for her? Or were they still on her when you bought? I have been looking everywhere (so it seems) for a set of Savage Badges.

Cheers
Peno

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 02:31:14 PM »

The Badges were all broken in 2 or 3 peices - dremelled (?) a channel on the rear across the bottom edge and soldered wire to bridge them.  rubbed off all the flaking chrome (these things cannot be re dipped) so had to spray over in the best chrome paint I could find.  They will not last forever, just long enough to order (and afford) new ones from any badge maker locally (Adelaide).  I have found some in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane sporting their wares on the web looks like about $80 to $100 plus p & h.

http://www.nymarine.ca/jonpics.html

http://www.bodymold.com.au/default.php?inc=services&catagoryid=29

NSWSavageElectra
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 03:03:03 PM »

AWESOME! - Thanks for the links - Happy to spend that on the badges - less than was expecting. Grin
senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 03:54:53 PM »

Bodymold are good as I have recommended them to the Board previously  .

Dremelled seems ok these days , turning nouns into verbs .

Don't like it personally  (I would have drilled) Grin but the Yanks would spell it with one L   Wink

Cheers , Neil

Hard a' starboard
Peno

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 08:21:21 PM »

She's a 68' people. (Thanks Gillian)

* Vampire brochure 68.jpg (73.42 KB, 640x450 - viewed 334 times.)

S.Vampire

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2013, 02:10:56 PM »

couple months later... i hope im not to late.

talking paints, mine as standard, just like what the previous black and white picture shows a 2 tone finish, main was white with a cyan trim. since birth its had a respray to dark blue, or what u might call 'flag blue' top deck and a black hull. now going through its second restore (now major) with me, im doing another re-spray, this time is final with a clear coat, might go a couple shades darker on the blue and adding silver flakes.

im interested to know if you have ordered those badges yet, i had the same problem, but lost an 'S' out on the water somewhere, and if so, how did they turn out, otherwise if not when you do, 2X the order definitely.

seeing this restoration complete gives me great motivation to finish mine, just started preparing for 1st layer of laminate, any tips if you could turn back time?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: