logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2018, 01:57:14 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: New Members, after 10 posts we allow you into the Special Members section, including  the "Todays News" topics"  And it's all FREE!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tom Savage  (Read 3122 times)
andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2011, 03:14:37 PM »

Today I found that Tom's sister-in-law is a patient of mine.

She told me that for years the family were "obligated" to have Savage boats, by family association, including one of those "weird looking Javellin's", until they eventually extricated themselves to be able to buy a Bertram!!

Cute, heh?!
Chair
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 04:05:43 PM »

I must admit I thought the Jav was wierd, but I also thought the FC Holden was, but now I like both their looks. The Haines and the Electra were my favourite new boats back then in the late 60s and early 70s. So I'm with her on that.
Chair
P.S. I hope you are not telling tales out of school, Gillian is a member you know.
andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 07:15:37 PM »

Is "Gillian" Gillian Savage?

If I recall previous conversations with my patient, they had a 25' Bertram fly bridge. If I had the finances back then, I would have been coveting one of those back in the early 70's, and wanting to upgrade from a Jav as well!

A
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 07:37:13 PM »

Yep, Gillian Savage is a member and she assists us with history & pics from time to time.
She's a great asset indeed. Grin

MERCMAN xx

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
Electra

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 09:53:50 AM »

Naughty Aunty Glor!!!

A stranger thing than that nearly happened...Dad (Tom Savage) wanted get a boat well after Savage Fibreglass Boats had wound up and unable to find a suitable second-hand Savage, came close to buying a Bertram or Caribbean himself.  Eventually he found one of his and bought it saying that his name was a coincidence.

Gillian
andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 05:26:17 PM »

No, not naughty Aunty Glor. I suspect it was naught Uncle Ren.

And if Tom came close to buying one, they couldn't have been that bad! The 25-28' Bertram was a timeless design. It really hasn't changed that much since the 70's, and still looks good. I would still love one.

As to the connection, "Small world",  they say.

AA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: