logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 03:56:53 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Spammers, you're wasting your time. Our keen monitors erase and report you in minutes.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Capricious - The Project  (Read 47202 times)
senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2013, 09:06:22 AM »

Is MYO cover the therapy for shoulder injury or a type of boat cover Huh

Phew !

Neil

Hard a' starboard
andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2013, 09:56:58 PM »

Neil, are you picking me up on my English again...?!

I think shoulder therapy is called " physiotherapy", but maybe that's just me being conservative!

I still want  to emulate your hatch .....but I need to replace the impeller first....it's sitting in a postal bag at work, where its been for 4+ wks.....unopened.

A

Where are all the Hartley boats?
senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 16, 2013, 09:09:07 AM »

No Andrew , perish the thought  Grin
I really don't understand your post re MYO cover .
I googled MYO and came up with Myotherapy , a treatment for muscular and skeletal pain.
Based in Melbourne, Sydney etc.

There's an old saying 'impell before you hatch '

Cheers ,

Neil

Hard a' starboard
senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 16, 2013, 06:15:38 PM »

Hello Aaron ,
I omitted to say a warm welcome back to the fold.

Cheers
Neil

Hard a' starboard
AaronJ
Board God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2013, 08:43:33 PM »

Thanks Neil. I may not have been vocal, but I've most certainly checked in from time to time.

Andrew, you've got me with "MYO" also? Make your own?
And the shoulder is crap, to put it mildly.
Long story as to how it is where it is now, but it needs redoing as it has not formed the scare tissue it was supposed to and the clavicle is rattling around like a loose wheel nut.  Other than cleaning out the AC joint again the plan is rewiring the carocoacromial ligament to the end of the clavicle and install a hook plate (fixed to the clavicle) for about four months, before being taken out again.

AJ

andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2013, 09:00:55 PM »

Sorry all, I thought MYO was a common anagram . ...make your own...

Aaron, erk.

I'd build a raised platform around Capricious, so you can work below waist level, as it doesn't sound like your going to be able to work  above shoulder height for a while

Neil, I'll impell sometime during winter, but will consult Guy first about my whatever it is issue with the old Starflite.

A

MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 18, 2013, 08:19:41 PM »

Hey Andrew, You really had me on that MYO business too!
(I really think you owe senojn an apology, old mate.)

AJ, I trust you haven't lost the bug with your Boat nor your Twins. Perhaps our good friend AA can get you "Trade Discount" on the procedure you require? Grin

I owe you Melb' guys an apology, I was in Melb' a week ago, just for two days. If I had time, I would have loved to meet up. However, it was a "bounce" trip and I was on the go all the time. I even managed to put 315km on the hire car and I didn't even leave the Metro area. I did manage to pick up two new Customers though.  Cool

Oh well, there will be another trip soon I reckon. I'll set a side a full day just to see to who ever wants to meet up.

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
AaronJ
Board God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: July 18, 2013, 09:05:43 PM »

No need for a platform Andrew... Capricious just ain't that tall, even on the trailer!

Guy, the bug is still there and strong and I am as determined as ever to finish her... 'one day' though is about all I can offer for a plan right now. In fact just a few weeks ago, while cleaning up the workshop, i took the 650 off and put one of the 700's in its place. She looks mighty fine with 2ft of motor height over the top of the transom. Though not sure how well she'd sit with that much weight on her rear end. Ah... one day I'll get there...

andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2013, 10:26:34 PM »

Neil, I'm sorry for my obscure MYO anagram. I thought it was generally known, but I recall I was picked up several years ago on this forum for a similar issue. I'll deal with this...just youthful, and over enthusiastic!! Grin

Mind you , ell chek n iPad dent o a favour - what I typed was " spell check on iPad doesn't do you a favour", but to get it right took 5 goes.....

Aaron, I didn't realise Capicious was that low....and, your shoulder doesn't sound so happy..

A

senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2013, 11:02:35 AM »

Andrew -no need  Wink
I never wish to offend anyone but my approach to these sites is that they are public and therefore able to be read by all, to learn or be entertained , so  ' good communication is good communication' .
By the way  Grin  MYO is an acronym not an anagram.

Cheers

Neil

Hard a' starboard
AaronJ
Board God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: August 11, 2016, 09:14:40 AM »

Couple of photos Guy took when he stumbled across another Capricious a few weeks back in NSW.

Finally... we know she was not a one-off!

Guy, did that bloke get back to you with any additional info?

AJ

* IMG_5155.jpg (1470.72 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 153 times.)

* IMG_5156.jpg (973.14 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 153 times.)

MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2016, 10:49:53 AM »

AJ,
As you will recall, the owner had only taken delivery our his boat lees than 24 hours before I came across it. Sadly, the new owner wasn't able to learn any more about the boat from the previous owner, other than what I had already shared with you on the phone.

For the other members, it's believed this hull is circa 1959.

I have another idea... Neil, do you know if Peter Hunt (Founder of Hunts Marine) is still with us?

MERCMAN.

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
andrewallan
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2016, 11:20:46 PM »

Spotted this on eBay.....it doesn't curve in as far as Capricious, does it (couldn't get 2 piccies aligned to check)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/boat-ski-boat-old-school-classic-project-/222215111858?hash=item33bd0d84b2:g:WkYAAOSwzhVWryKs

AaronJ
Board God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: August 14, 2016, 10:51:39 AM »

Heya AA,

That hull has been around Ebay for ages.  Its quite different to the two Capricious' but still cool looking.

Its more of a clinker style in fibreglass and the gunnel line does not drop to the widest part of the transom.

AJ

senojn
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 14, 2016, 04:43:27 PM »

Re Peter Hunt  , no Guy sorry I don't know . Not impressed with them at the moment although is brings back memories when we traded a 14ft clinker launch on a Dehavilland Topper / Evinrude twin in the 50's .
Also like Aaron's description of 'clinker style'

Cheers
Neil

Hard a' starboard
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: